Marwari College, Ranchi was established in the year 1963 by the Marwari Shiksha Trust to facilitate higher education for the young and promising students of society, specially the tribes and downtrodden.
Founder This premier College of Jharkhand State came into existence with sincere and incessant efforts of Late Ganga Prasad Budhia. The First President of Marwari College Governing Body was Late Ganga Prasad Budhia. Other prominent members of the Governing body were:
- The College Started with 30 students of Pre University classes,76 students of B.Com and 64 students of BA in evening session in Marwari School situated at Pustak Path near Shaheed Chowk,Ranchi with Shree B N Chaubey as the first Principal. Now it has 9,000 students in Intermediate only.
Separate Women's Wing
- In July 1967 a separate wing was started specially for girls because the number of students was rapidly increasing.
- >> To setup SIT system to receive National and State level educational channels.
- >> Membership of INFLIBNET.
- >> Each lecture theatre should be equipped with modern tools like LCD, Projectors, web cameras, microphones, TV Sets etc.
- >> Construction of sufficient number of lecture theatres with AC.
- >> Construction of a multipurpose Hall and Separate Building for Examination Cell.
- >> To have separate Departmental staff rooms and Departmental Library.
- >> To have residential facilities for the Teachers, Staffs and the Principal.
- >> Establishment of Research Center to put stress on research works.
- >> To improve class room teaching using latest technology.
- >> To organise cultural programmes, sports for over all development of the students.
- >> To make this institution a Centre For Excellence in Higher Education and Vocational Education.
- >> To Provide Quality Education to the mass.
- >> To imbibe & Leadership Quality amongst the Students.
- >> To encourage the students for the cause of Nation Building.
- >> To strengthen the moral values and invigorate cultural ethos.
- >> To train the minds of young men and women capable to face the challenges in life.
- >> To minds character, inculcate discipline and spirit of unity amongst the students.
- >> To transform skill and knowledge congruent to the jobs available in the nation.
- >>To become citadel of Higher Education in chotanagpur.
Marwari College is actively engaged In Improvising the administrative and academic conditions of the College. Our visions are as given below: